This script utilizes the radiooptions command to disable the radio but still allow use of Wi-Fi without having to use airplane mode, and it was created by CondemnedSoul. It’s great for people who just upgraded and want to use their older device for an mp3 player with Wi-Fi access.
How to run the script:
- Download the script and place it somewhere on your SD Card. (Maybe make a folder named Scripts to keep things organized)
- Download Script Manager from the market.
- Open Script Manager and navigate to where you saved the script then select the script.
- Check the options for run as root and if you always use wifi only because you don’t have service on your device check off Run at boot as well.
- When prompted by superuser allow superuser permissions.
If you are using this on an inactive device and don’t want the activation screen coming up after reboot and new ROM flash follow these simple steps
*NOTE: you need to be using a ROM that has EPST.apk in it for this procedure to work.
EPST is an HTC system app (if you hit "about" under applications it will show you that)
It has something to do with the programming on the phone. (Electronic Performance Support Tool or something like that – was qpst on qualcomm phones)
1. Select emergency call and dial ##778.
2. Select edit and enter service password 000000.
3. Select NAM Settings.
4. Change Mobile Directory number to 0000000000 (Ten digits).
5. Change MIN1 to 0000000 (Seven digits).
6. Change Mobile Country Code to 000 (Three digits).
7. As you back out "Commit the Change".
If you found this interesting, please don't forget to like/share it. Like the page too, in order to receive all the updates in Facebook.
You might also like: